Monday, June 17, 2013

Toaru Majutsu no Index Doujin Review: Last Order In Your Eyes! by Utsura Uraraka



I'm still mostly on the Touma and Misaka bandwagon for this series, but that doesn't stop me from being interested in the other beta couples portrayed here. I don't actively ship Accelerator and Last Order but I can't deny their charm. In fact, this doujin uses the latter pairing's brand of chemistry as its selling point. And, honestly, I'm sold.

The setting is a simple slice-of-life scenario between our two leads. No plot to speak of, no outright danger to fight against, and none of Aleister's plans that needs to be derailed. 

Just a snotty little punk, a hyperactive little girl, and sharing a scarf in cold weather.


Accelerator gives us a rare example of a male tsudenre character, if his actions are anything to go by. Mostly he acts like a jerk, then he gives us a glimpse of his heart of gold. Just don't mind the child abuse. That's how he shows he cares.








Aww. Humbug.

Last Order, like always, is just a little ball of sunshine. And she's all it takes to convince Accelerator to turn around do whatever she wants him to do. And in this case, it's to try making dinner.


Key word here is try.







This doujin does a good job in showing us just how cute and heartwarming this pairing is. Which, compared to any relationship the actual hero of the series is having, at least this one has some actual canon development and is more likely to have more resolution.






If only Accelerator stops acting embarrassed.

Also, this doujin seemed to be part of a series made by the author, but only this issue and one other had been translated into English. I'll cover the other translated doujin soon right after this.

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    Thanks for the translated chapter
    I was wondering where and how can I find the rest of them as English translated ??
    No matter how hard I tried and ;even searched in the libraries; .. I Couldn't get them T_T I like the accelerator but I don't understand Japanese at all T^T
    please if it won't bother you answer my request
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for commenting :3
      I hardly get any comments here so I appreciate the gesture.
      Anyway, you can try this link: http://www.mangapark.com/author/utsura+uraraka+(circle)
      It shows the author's Toaru Majutsu no Index doujins already translated so far. He/She also has other works but they're yet to be translated, unfortunately. But it's better than nothing.
      Enjoy :3

      Delete